Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Elevator Eti-Quit

Yep, that's what he said.

So, yeah.  I've written on this topic before.

But, apparently, not enough people understand it.

Yesterday, as I walked into a building and prepared to hit the button and wait for one of the 6 elevator choices before me, I saw a man "waiting" for the elevator.

He held a cup of coffee in his hand and was standing right next to the door.  Like touching the door, really.

Not surprisingly, the elevator door opened and nearly hit his coffee cup.  Plus, he was right in the middle of the elevator and began to walk on when two women attempted to walk out.

Um, sometimes...people on upper floors of building ride elevators to the bottom so they can leave the building.  Apparently, this guy (easily in his 50s) is not aware of how elevators work.

Then, he backs up and says, "oh, sorry...go ahead.  Elevator eti-quit, you know."

No, I don't know.  What's eti-quit? Hmm.

Anyway, if only he was a regular reader of this informative blog he'd know exactly how to use an elevator. 

I'm not quite sure why this is a complicated issue.

No comments: