Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Return Trip to Burger King

Some may remember a recent trip to Burger King I took in light of reading about their "new" menu items and the supposedly new experience of eating there.

After that trip, I was actually reluctant to go back...but, the Whopper.  It's good.  With cheese, of course.

So, I returned.  And took my daughter.

It was definitely better the second time.  The service was faster, the freestyle fountain was fully functional -- I had Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and my daughter had Hi C Fruit Punch. 

I got the Whopper, of course. 

She got the kids meal with Chicken Strips.  And they weren't just chicken nuggets.  They were well-seasoned strips of chicken.  They were quite tasty.  Plus, they had apples as a side. 

On the downside, the store has not been remodeled and still has an "old" feel to it.  And not in the good way.  They weren't especially busy even though it was dinner time. 

People did seem to be enjoying the new smoothies, but no one bought any ice cream, let alone the Bacon Sundae, while I was there.

Burger King may be coming back.  Slowly.  If more of their stores are remodeled and they can keep the service going strong, I'm guessing people will come back, try it out, and come back again.

No comments: